With the ability to read and file from anywhere, it's like having the courthouse at your fingertips. And your "fingertips" might just be in another city working or in another state on a busman's holiday! What's in it for you? Glance through these specific benefits:
- Full case information is available immediately to attorneys, parties, and the general public through the Internet, including the ability to view the full text of all filed documents.
- Parties, the judge, court staff and the public all can review the case file simultaneously.
- Registered attorneys can file case documents from their offices or homes right up to the filing deadline, without worrying about postage, messenger services or traffic congestion.
- Attorneys filing over the Internet automatically create docket entries, and docket sheets are updated immediately when documents are filed.
- Attorneys can be more responsive to clients due to 24/7 "anywhere" case document access, and clients have 24-hour access, too.
- An automatic verification, in the form of a "Notice of Electronic Filing," is sent by e-mail to the filer and case parties immediately after filing.
- ECF document storage is automatic and secure, which means reduced paper document storage needs.